Monday, June 27, 2016

Can't make it to GUADEC this year

I loved attending the GNOME Users And Developers European Conference (GUADEC). I want to go back, but it's hard to get away for such a long trip.

This year is especially tough. I started a new job in late December, as CIO in government. The new position comes with new responsibilities. I occasionally present in front of our Board, or to the County Manager, or to the Senior Leadership Team.

This year, I have a Board presentation at work immediately before GUADEC, and a vacation with family planned immediately after. So I'm unable to attend GUADEC this year. Sorry.

But I am looking forward to LAS GNOME. I even submitted a conference presentation about our usability testing for Outreachy. I hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment